2022 – I was happy with my work clothes. Dressing for work felt
effortless and I think I found a nice balance between professional and
comfortable. I can wear dark jeans and I dress them up with smart shoes and blazers in winter and I wear plain dresses and skirts in summer.

Recently I have made the effort to dress up my casual so I am not running around the supermarket in my running
shorts or the library/café in my yoga pants unless its just to grab a takeaway (who knows who I might run into). I think I have got better at this. This is how I ran to the supermarket for bread and milk this morning (t-shirt, black boyfriend jeans and utility jacket with loafers). I might add a belt and scarf if I go out again later. I picked up the ziera loafers second hand. They are nearly new and comfortable, and easy
to slip on. They are actually navy not black.

For 2023 I want to shop my closet as much as possible but am going to continue to up my game so to speak and so my specific goals are:

1. Accessorise more. I have so many scarves, I
could wear a different one for each day of the month. I have got a lot from India, as well as recently, my mum went into a rest-home and asked me to take all her scarves. She also gave me some jewelry and so I am going to attempt to add at least a scarf or necklace to each outfit I wear each day.

2. Keep dressing up my casual….add a blazer to the jeans, nice shoes and accessories.

3. Keep the maintenance up with regular haircuts, do my nails, make up where appropriate.

Shopping.
While I am happy with my basic wardrobe, I would like to add to the
dressy side without adding too much extra stuff. I am going to look out for another pair of dressy sandals ( I already have some silver boot style sandals), and I would like to find some more dressy tops e.g., silk camisoles that I can wear with black pants for dressier events. I am
also on the look out for an oversized blazer like the one in the last pic. My goal is to buy less but better quality and keep my clothes for longer now my weight seems to have stabilised.

This week I have a casual dinner tomorrow, a dinner in the city with friends this weekend, parent drinks at my son’s school next week followed by a formal dinner at his school next weekend. It will be an interesting exercise dressing for different occasions, and exhausting because I am a real introvert despite my bubbly exterior. Any thoughts or
suggestions always welcome.

This post has 3 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.