My 2022 purchases were a mixed bag. Some planned replacements, some “wants” and a panic buy.

For the last few years I bought on average 8 pairs of shoes as I was rebuilding my shoe wardrobe. I’m mostly done and I should’ve bought considerably less this year, 6 pairs is too many, not happy about it.

Rag & Bone suede sneakers - NAS purchase, a replacement for my old Ecco pair.
Cream Club Monaco flats - a replacement for worn out light color flats (although I still have them and hope to squeeze a few more wears out of it). These flats I have in two more colors from previous years and the style fits me well.
New Balance beige and Nike black knitted sneakers - impulse buys. Both became instant workhorses and I will rely on them this winter as I still struggle with boots due to an injury earlier this year.
Vince black sandals - I went back to work this summer and could not wear most of my footwear, my foot was too swollen post injury and an operation. I panic bought these sandals. They are now too loose and I will have to deal with it next year.
Cole Haan suede loafer sling backs - my last purchase and I’m still within the return window. They are exactly the loafers I’ve been looking for and they fit me since they are sling backs and they stay on my feet plus they don’t hurt my bunions. But they are sling backs and might not as versatile as loafers. Leaning keep, though.
How was you shoe shopping this year? Any wins and/or regrets?

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.