Heeeey, we're halfway through 2022 already, so it seemed a good time to check in on purchases and revisit the goals I set out. Here's an abbreviated version of my 2022 style goals:

• Edgy, easy, emotional.
  • Be bold.
  • Judicious secondhand.
  • Anticipate replacements.
  • Do not buy: Printed blouses, White and cream, Dry clean only, Fast fashion, Scarves

More or less nothing in my life has changed since I wrote those six months ago, so everything definitely still applies. My husband still has weekly chemo treatments, we still don't eat indoors in restaurants or attend indoor social engagements, and travel is limited to day/weekend trips by car. Winter has turned to summer, but here, that mostly just means the temperature has increased by about 25° F.

I've purchased 10 garments so far this year, all in Finds below. They're heavy on the "easy" and light on the "emotional"--several simple dresses and tops, a couple of graphic tees to support the Mouse who pays our bills, and only one BIG COLOR piece, but I've found that a little bit of "bold" goes a long way in my wardrobe.

The only secondhand piece was my Eileen Fisher silk blouse, and I'm happy with it so far.

I've hardly retired anything this year, so there haven't been many replacements to anticipate! Not doing much means wearing my clothes lightly, and mostly I just throw on a dress and get on with it!