Close enough to the end of the year to review my goals, I think. I'm not planning to buy anything else and don't usually receive clothing for Christmas.

Here's what I wrote for my goals at the start of the year, along with where I think I stand with them now:

1. Edgy, easy, emotional. I changed my guide words to these to remind myself to have fun and take risks. I don't super resonate with these right now, but I do think they helped me in my buying decisions.
  2. Be bold. Yes! I've done more pattern-mixing this year than possibly my entire life previously.
  3. Judicious secondhand. I have bought a few things secondhand, but I'm finding through my wardrobe tracking that the secondhand items I've added, no matter how "like new" they look, definitely have fewer wears in them than my new-bought pieces.  The way I wear my clothing, it's a problem to have to replace more often, and buying curated secondhand like I do, I don't think it's even a significant money savings when the wear is taken into account.
  4. Anticipate replacements. I'm doing a bit better at this. My wardrobe has grown a little bit this year, but that's okay.  I haven't found myself in a real bind from a missing essential all year, which is very different from previous years.
  5. Do not buy Printed blousesWhite and cream, Dry clean only, Fast fashion, Scarves. Success! Mostly. I confess I bought some dry clean only. I’ve made my peace with it.
I ended up purchasing 27 items, 7 more than in 2021 and 12 more than 2020. Here's the entire collection, which includes several graphic tees and some sleep/loungewear pieces. I've also put my favorites in Finds.

And finally! I picked my favorite outfits from each month (more or less). I didn’t take a lot of pics in the summer, but you can just imagine me wearing 4 and 5 on repeat.

1. January
2. February
3. March
4. April
5. May
6. August
7. October
8. November
9. also November
10. December

This post has 10 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.