I’ve been really enjoying everyone’s end of year posts, and appreciate all who take the time to write them. There has been a lot of great discussion about style shifts, renewals, moving on from pandemic wardrobes, etc.

I’ve decided on goals that are quite non-traditional for me. I’m NOT going to focus on monikers, colors, numbers, practicality, what’s appropriate for age or lifestyle, or any other more typical ways of defining a personal style and wardrobe. Instead I'm going to let my style evolve in a more emotional/intuitive way, starting with where things are today, looking at overall feel and silhouette, with definitions like relaxed, light (in feel or color), soft, elegant, artistic, edgy, feminine, trendyLeaning toward a right brain approach. I am naturally much more a left brain person, and I revert to logic and rational thought when stressed. During this (*%^%& pandemic I've gone way overboard with this and need to get myself out of it.

But, I do NOT expect to start channeling Iris Apfel or wearing Angie’s beloved sour bright colors. I expect I will generally stay with styles, silhouettes and colors that I know work well for me, but I want to relax and find ways to dress that are not quite so "planned". And never say never!

I'm happy not knowing exactly where this will all take me. I have the sense that some of what I wear now will be just fine, and I'll also find some new ideas.

I'm going to try changing how I create outfits, to be more in-the-moment. Two specific things I'm going to STOP doing ..
- I sometimes use YLF collections to do theoretical outfit creation and never get around to doing in IRL. So I've done the intellectual part but not the emotional part.

- Collections by color are also an issue - knowing I have 12 items in burgundy sends me down a rat hole of thinking about a collection that looks “right” on paper, but does NOT help me create outfits that I want to wear or help me choose new pieces in those colors.

I also have a few “rules” I want to try in how I shop:
- For new items, look for things with texture, pattern, artistic vibes … no more classic solid color simple items unless for a specific need or unless I REALLY love them.

- To help reduce how many items I buy (another goal), try buying items in groups, ahead of or early in a season. Try a buy-one-outfit-per-month plan like Anchie has used; and/or an ensemble/capsule per season.

- Find a few new brands and/or stores (they will be online since there are no "new" places I can shop within a reasonable distance from me