I won’t count my total purchases in 2021, as I really bought a lot, due to weight loss after a long illness, and covid shopping therapy…

I would like to remember the winners and losers, so as to better approach things in the coming year.

Category: Bottom Winners:

Tennis type SKORTS-in bright colors, all with terrific deep POCKETS! These are my most worn daily items, as I am retired, and live in Florida. Today, almost New Years and it is 82F. I bought at least 5 new skorts at the beginning of the year, because I needed a new size, and they have been the backbone of my wardrobe.

Shorts: also a new size, from Club Monaco. I really love these shorts, as they have a high waist, which is flattering on me, and deep POCKETS! I bought the two available colors, and duplicated. None of my old shorts fit anymore, except ones from years ago when I was smaller, but those had much lower rise, and I did not feel current in them. I wear these with sneakers, flat sandals, and even my wedge sandals from Mephisto. Love! Also, this one pair of frayed Boho denim shorts from Mother. I wanted to try a more relaxed look than my usual, and these really worked for me, especially with some boho tops I lemming. It is still not my go-to look, as I prefer to be more polished, but it has been fun trying another style.

SKIRTS: None on my winners list, unfortunately.

PANTS/JEANS: I had some good luck here, but only from in-person shopping after both Vaccines, when I went to California to see my daughter and sister. Ultra High waist flare jeans from G Star, and high waist Barrel leg Cargos, (I think) have been awesome. So much in fact that I ordered other colors, with missed results. Another pair of ultra High waist jeans from Ba&Sh that remind me of how I dressed in the early 70’s as a pre-teen. Total needs, as I lost 1-2 sizes.

Photos 1,2- Skorts from Tzu-Tzu. Keeping it real here
3,4- Mother’s shorts and Old Navy boho top. New look for me.
5&6: Ultra High Flares from Ba&Sh with Frame Puff sleeve T
7&8: Ultra High waist fatigues from G Star Raw with same T, lol
9: Ultra High flares from G Star that still need to be hemmed. Ppl for these is so confusing!
10: Photo of Club Monaco shorts. The YLF collect doesn’t work for finds with this one.

This post has 10 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.