It's fun to read everyone's assessments, and actually helpful, because it makes me reflect on mine, too.

I can't say I bought a lot of clothes this year. The things I bought I have really loved—the pandemic has allowed me to lean into buying practical, comfy, everyday things that bring me joy on a daily basis.

The result is I have a glaring wardrobe hole, and that is stuff to wear when going out. I finally gave up the ghost and got rid of some dresses and things that I had bought probably 8 years ago now or more, because the fit is now off or it's just stuff I no longer enjoy wearing, and getting rid of it was definitely liberating.

It is increasingly hard to fill the hole, though, and the pandemic has exacerbated this, because I do so much less going out than before. I realized I had little to wear for fall when I went on a date night this fall. I live somewhere where fall lasts about 5 minutes. So I ordered a bunch of tops, didn't like any, sent them back... and by the time the process was completed, we were well into winter! So what's my motivation to shop for fall stuff? Meanwhile, next fall will roll around and I'll still have nothing to wear.

It's a bit of a pickle. I guess I should add to my style goals that I need to force myself to buy at least one item for that season!