I decided that my challenge would be to limit myself to three purchases each month hoping that it would make me more selective and ensure that I've allocated my budget over the whole year. I was successful in January and added one dress, one cardigan, and one pair of slippers. Another part of my challenge was to donate three items which I did but I think that's going to be the hardest part going forward.

This month I again stuck to my goal of three items. I bought a gray JCrew sweater, a black H&M skirt, and a pair of black Born boots. I've added a photo and the finds below. I love all of these purchases. The skirt was the one Lisa P posted and is a great skirt. I like the length and fabric and since it is my only skirt, it has inspired me to create outfits. The JCrew sweater is beautiful, fits well, and goes with much of my wardrobe. It's really warm and perfect for the really cold days we've been having. The downside is that it's a bit itchy but I have really sensitive skin. I might get a thin T neck to wear under it. I asked for help choosing my new boots but in the end it just came down to what felt the most comfortable. My goal was to be able to walk for miles in cities and museums.

Donations: Black zipper jacket, JCrew wide leg pants, Gap black wide leg pants, black suede pumps, born slides, Gap yoga pants. (Jan/Feb)

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.