I have enjoyed reading others goals and plans for this year so thought I should join the party and make a contribution.

My goals in 2018 were:

1) To continue to wear outfits that fit within my flamboyant natural style persona – key words are sporty, elegant and relaxed.

I think I mostly achieved this. I think most of my outfits are at least two of these.

2) Be clear and fussy on new additions – pouncing when I know something is perfect, but sometimes waiting is the best approach.

I made one or two hasty additions last year and two that did not pay off - one poor quality and cheap, one expensive but didn't meet my needs. I also added navy boots which I like a lot but were harder to style than black (which was my intention). I then added a navy bag so I have a commitment to see that through now.

3) Building on my love of 70s looks with one or two new midi looks.

I added two pairs of culottes, two summer midi dresses, and continue to wear other midi looks. I see this continuing into 2019.

4) Key new additions will be – puffer jacket, ankle boots, blazer.

I never added the puffer but did add a blazer and ankle boots - both have been workhorses.

5) Hold back on statement pieces that are hard to layer and enjoy wearing the ones I already have.

I did achieve this goal and actually ended up passing on two or three of the offending tops that I don't have toppers for. I still have two or three which is a good number.

6) Find a great outfit for a mid winter wedding ( the midi 70s look would be my ideal.

I bought a black lace dress that I love and is a true classic.

7) Re-evaluate my winter essentials early in the season (March) as this is an area that I can get caught out on.

I did add black skinnies, navy boots and bag for winter, all which were well worn. I didn't need a lot of replacements last year.

8) Develop a work winter capsule that is professional and practical and stylish. I need flat covered shoes, simple pieces, some warmth and really only about four to five looks of .which I have many of already - one or two careful additions will make this work well (the ankle boots and the blazer).

I didn't do so well here and focused on weekend clothes. It didn't really matter but I could have done better.

In total I added 34 pieces- more than my goal by about 10 items. And several of them were higher end as well. So the budget was blown.

• footwear x 4 (ankle boots, oxfords, chunky sandals, black pumps)
  • sunhats x 2
  • sunglasses x 2
  • wide leg pants/culottes x 3
  • jeans x 2 (white and black)
  • dresses x 5 (three casual, one work, one occasion)
  • knitwear x 2
  • coat x 1
  • jacket x 3
  • tee/knit top x 3 (one tank, one long sleeve, one short sleeve)
  • summer tops x 3 (one shell, one cami, one linen long sleeve)
  • skirt x 1
  • tunic x 1

My 2019 goals

1) Continue to wear outfits that fit within my flamboyant natural style persona – key words are elegant and relaxed (taken out the sporty- still there but not as important)

2) Being clear and fussy on new additions – pouncing when I know something is perfect, but sometimes waiting is the best approach.

3) Upgrading essentials - puffer, practical city walking boots, work pants, winter knitwear, blazer.

4) Make sure I have a good base for three week trip to Italy - especially shoes.

5) Don't duplicate - the power of one. There are very few exceptions to this for me.

6) Quality!! Check this out.

7) Step away from/do not buy

•   Heels (I have enough for my needs)
  •   Summer casual dresses ( love them but I have enough)
  •   Party dresses - again I have plenty
  •   Summer scarves - they never feel right on me
  •   Tunics ( I have two which I will keep wearing - that is enough)

8) Consider more

•   Light neutrals - caramel, cream, soft light grey
  •   Red

9) I seem to be moving to midi, wide leg bottoms and skirts and simple tops. Keep exploring that carefully.

10)  Keep having fun!! Be bold. I like one statement per outfit - this works for me.

That is about all for now. Finds are below with the exception of the long sleeve tee x 1, hats x 2, one pair sunglasses, the bomber that lasted two months

Comments or questions are welcomed.

Thanks

Sally