2016 was my year of gear. I unexpectedly bought 2 pairs of running shoes (on the advice of my physio) which tipped my budget over, and also bought bike pants, a jacket, a running skirt, sports bra, a singlet and 3/4 leggings. Probably over 2/3 of my budget. That is a huge amount for me, but I do exercise a lot and it will be worth it. And I'd been getting by on not enough and stuff in one case that I hated (an old jacket that looked like it had done a turn as a cleaning rag)

I also finally found nude work shoes that worked for me, bought a versatile black jacket and white blouse for work, a couple of winter casual things (shirtdress and sweater) and had bought 5 new summer casual things (again, that is big for me).

2017? I want to scale back, as I feel pretty set. I have cut my budget, and then cut it back again by what I went over last year. My main plans are just to
* replace my booties, bra, jeans and summer sandals (casual and dressy)
* look out for a tunic length hoody for my cozy casual capsule (a HEWI)
* obtain a closefitting zipped hoody for lounge wear (I have decided I need tight sleeves for cooking!)
*Maybe get a sweater in that beautiful blue similar to that in finds

I have also already ordered new sunnies and glasses. I haven't had new glasses in about 8 years, but my new ones aren't a great departure.

Any comments and questions welcome.