Hi friends, just sharing a happy milestone* - 2 years alcohol free! To make a long story short, perimenopause and alcohol didn't mix for me (migraines, anxiety spikes) so on the advice of a friend, I decided to try a 3-month fast and never looked back. For me, even though I wasn't a big drinker to start with, it's been a real positive, with better sleep, better skin and way more social confidence weirdly - I think I didn't realize that as 'the quiet one', I felt really pressured to drink more and 'be more fun'; whereas now everyone knows I don't drink so some don't invite me anymore (*shrugs*) and the ones that do I know for sure couldn't care less really, so I am more relaxed and therefore more fun And it led to a part-time job as well, and DH following suit (by choice no pressure for me whatsoever) about a year ago!

If you have any interest, here is a piece I wrote about my journey: https://www.somegoodcleanfun.c.....cohol-free

Hooray for me and hooray for all of us DYOT'ing in fashion, lifestyle choices and life in general! xoxox

*not for one second am I saying or implying anyone else should give up alcohol! It can be a fraught topic, but to me, like gluten, sugar, caffeine, peanuts and a myriad other things, what works for one body doesn't work for another. I celebrate this *only* because the cultural stream can be unsupportive at times and attaches all sorts of judgements and morals to alcohol in both directions, so to that extent, it is 'work'. I am very passionate about the idea that we should feel free to make the decision that works for us, no stigma either way xoxo