Lisa, thank you so much for sharing and for starting this dialogue. I wish we weren't all going through this, but at least in doing so together and sharing, we feel less alone in this journey. I chuckled knowingly about your chocolate comment...Easter keeps me out of all stores for the very reason you cite. Those nefarious, sugar-coated, melt-in-your mouth Cadbury mini-eggs are my kryptonite Ditto to all on the alcohol path. I've reduced red wine because it exacerbates my 'power-surges' and should cut down on the gin and tonics as well. Unfortunately, the combination of hot flashes and a warm Winter have left me with little use for my lovely sweater collection and challenge the way I dress in new and 'exciting' ways.
Re. the pants struggle...OMG, my Athleta joggers are a lifesaver in the same way these LuLus are for you. I also have the jean problem, and at least have solved the organizational issue by labeling the jean cubbies 'skinny', 'girlfriend' and 'boyfriend' instead of 'skinny' and 'fat day' like my head is telling me. That way I can move them around and just reach for the ones that will depress me the least when I try them on! Solidarity to all my sisters in this fight!

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

I somehow missed this thread but I'm glad I read through it. There is some comfort in knowing so many are in the same boat as I am. It is hard to feel good about yourself when your waistband is cutting into your stomach so much that you have to unbutton the jeans if sitting a long time.

I have no great words of advice, just commiseration. Last year despite 3 weddings, a trip to Paris and the holidays I managed to keep my weight within a 3-pound range. Almost all the weight I gain goes on the middle. Usually I go alcohol free in January, but this year because of rainy weather and a cold I couldn't shake, the wine and the eating increased my abdominal measurement by more than 3 inches. Of course, all my pants are too tight--even the yoga pants.

YLF is a great support group. Lisa you inspired me to go ahead and order some jeans on sale in a size I can wear now instead of waiting.

Lisa....Brownie recipe.....I like them with just a few chocolate chips on top.
http://minimalistbaker.com/veg.....-brownies/

Ann.....I love that you label your jean cubbies. Brilliant! I need to do this.