I worked super hard this Fall, taking up a night shift teaching contract just so I could acquire another wig. I'm bad, aren't I? Then I went to my much anticipated appointment and the marvelous lady gave me rebates so I walked out with not one... but two beautiful, high quality wigs.
Now, I must decide which one for the Holidays. Lovely problem! Also trying to put outfits together.

Pics 1 - 4: Echo by Ellen Wille (pronounced Villa, not the other thing) in Hot Chilli Mix. It's a deconstructed bob and I think I have to get myself a flapper dress to go with it. I haven't altered my eyes (except makeup), it's just that they look so much brighter with this exact shade, a kind of aubergine or burgundy. Sadly, the Marciano dress in pic 4 had to go: I have become in the last year much thicker on top, it's now too tight. I'm ok with it though, it's the body changing with menopause. And I have a couple of nieces who will be too delighted to get it before the holidays.

Pics 5 - 9: Gala by Gabor in Cayenne Mist. I think this one will be very easy to reach for when I don't know what else to wear, and it goes well with most casual clothes and jeans as shown in 5-7. For dresses and party wear, however, I realized I couldn't just throw on anything. For example long tapered silhouettes (like in 1) are too disconnected with this full head of light hair. Flapper and 1980's inspired roomier dresses, like this number in 8-9, seem to work better.

Thank you for looking!

This post has 9 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.