Yes what Jenni said. I couldn't resist.

Didn't read all replies but I think the shirt dress style is great, maybe just in a different pattern. The other one seems like it could be fussy to wear IRL but it is also a nice looking dress (so maybe pattern 2 on dress 1 - ha!).

I like the idea of a floral dress in theory but I can’t recall ever seeing you wear one?

I personally like the black floral one but I’m wondering if you’d really enjoy wearing it. Based on your ambivalence in posting this, I’m guessing there is a good chance you won’t. How are you feeling about it today?

The pale floral Zara is already packed up and ready to return. I reminded myself that I don't want experiments in my closet: I want my money to be well-spent on good clothes that work hard for me. And Janet, you're right: I've never worn a floral dress in my life - ever- and although they are pretty and trending, I think I can safely get by without one. I am pretty sure I "have" to keep the dark one though. Returning it to the boutique would be awkward , especially since I had to return a top there last week for quality reasons. Not at all a flaky "me" issue, but still......this is the problem with buying from someone you know.

Lisa - I remember your signature summer look for the last couple of years involving some great olive chinos/pants and a looser fitting pale top. It was so you. And I do find you have a knack for finding current, unique, modern, well fitting pants that have a sporty edge. Maybe you could explore that for this summer?

I'll bet that dark floral looks amazing on you, and it may not be fussy, just depends on how it fits and feels to you. I'd love to see it on if you feel like sharing it at some point.