Thanks so much for starting this thread, Meredith, and everyone else too for all the suggestions and tips. I am following along with interest as I like the idea of replacing some of my skincare/beauty products with more natural options.
(Just ordered two Dr. Bronner's lip balms and the Avalon body and hand lotion.)

Peri, I just thought of Weleda. They have a small range of haircare products that don't seem to contain any of the ingredients that are problematic for you. I don't have any personal experience with their shampoos or conditioners, but have used other products (like the Almond Soothing Facial Oil, and some of the body washes and body oils) and quite liked them.

I've added a few products found on Amazon, but you can buy from their website directly too:
http://usa.weleda.com/natural-.....-care.aspx

Inge: Thanks for adding to the list! Weekends is another brand I've heard great things about but haven't tried personally.

Vicki: The taupey plum is the colors of shadow I have! Hope you love it! I do think facial oils take some courage to try. Here is what Drunk Elephants says about the benefits of marula oil: http://www.drunkelephant.com/b.....a-word-yes

I use the sea salt spray as a finishing product to roughen up my texture. I was hair daily, so I can't speak to how it would function as a dry shampoo.

Inge, thanks! I will check those out, they do sound good. No synthetic preservatives is exactly what I need, and the list of other ingredients is relatively short. Plus the EU is moving much more quickly than the US to ban the isothiazolinones.

I just want to point out that there is no evidence that parabens in cosmetics cause cancer. The original study that the media deliberately misintetpreted and sensationalized never said it and was debunked by the author of the published study a year later regardless. All studies done since show no link.

Gennifyr: I dont think parabens are something everyone need be concerned with eliminating and certainly don't want to be an alarmist. I have been cautioned by my doctor to avoid estrogen disrupters so I'd rather not take chances, especially when there are so many alternatives.

Wow! Great lists ladies, thanks! I will definitely look into some of these.