- Legendary New York City off-price retailer Century 21, which closed during the pandemic, is staging its comeback.
- Hanky Panky is branching out into swimwear.
- From the negative space manicure to watermelon nails, these are the 9 nail trends that will make a statement this Summer according to Coveteur.
- For the first time in its 107-year history, British Vogue has released a Braille edition of the magazine.
- New clothing-rental app Pickle lets you rent clothes, shoes, and bags from people within your location radius.
- More and more fashion journalists are trying to build engaged followings on TikTok.
- The Guardian reports that sleeveless formalwear, aka waistcoats, is the go-to office look for Summer.
- Refinery29 nominates the folding hand fan as Summer’s most functional and glamorous accessory.
“She dazzled in sequins.” I love what Chloe Mac Donnell wrote about legendary singer Tina Turner who passed away earlier this week:
“The first thing an audience saw when watching Tina Turner live wasn’t her face as she raised the mic to hit her first note. It was a dazzling light. Even if you were seated in the very back row, you knew Turner had arrived as the spotlight hit her sequin minidress.
For more than five decades, Turner commanded the stage in what fans affectionately called ‘The Tina Dress’, and the longer she performed, the shorter the hemlines became. “There are no rules that say you have to dress a certain way, or be a certain way. We are living in exciting times for women,” she said in 2009 as she embarked on her 50th anniversary tour.”