- Alessandra Michele is leaving Gucci after seven years as creative director.
- Luxury marketplace Vestiaire Collective just became the first and only designer marketplace to ban fast-fashion brands from its platform.
- Belgian designer Raf Simons is closing his eponymous fashion label after 27 years.
- Animal rights group Peta has launched a competition to find a vegan alternative to wool that comes with a $1m prize.
- According to Refinery29, hooded gowns are this Fall’s biggest dress trend.
- Estée Lauder has bought the Tom Ford brand and all its intellection property in a deal valued at $2.8 billion.
- Fashionista reports that foot Botox is trending among fashion people post-pandemic.
- This year, Saks Fifth Avenue is partnering with The Elton John AIDS Foundation for its famous holiday windows and light show.
- “Shoes: Anatomy, Identity, Magic”, the Museum at Fit’s new exhibition, explores our physical, social and psychological relationships with footwear.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that legendary costume designer Edith Head not only designed the toreador pants for Audrey Hepburn in the 1957 movie “Funny Face”, and diverse styles for Grace Kelly’s very different characters in “Rear Window”, “The Country Girl” and “High Society”, but that Alfred Hitchcock admired her talent so much that he worked with her on eleven movies.