- Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard is giving away the $3-billion company to a charitable trust and environmental non-profit.
- Eloquii has released a new collection of bridal looks in sizes 14 to 28.
- Fashion photographer Melvin Sokolsky — known for his “bubbles” series for Harper’s Bazaar in the 1960s — has passed away.
- Here’s a peek at the new Fall collection by Inès de la Fressange for Uniqlo.
- Rommy Hunt Revson, the creator of the iconic scrunchie, has died aged 78.
- The 65-year career of the late fashion designer Karl Lagerfield will be the theme of next year’s Met Gala and accompanying exhibition.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that when Queen Elizabeth II (then Princess Elizabeth) married the Duke of Edinburgh in 1947, she had to purchase the fabric for her wedding dress with coupons because Britain was still under war rationing: “Thousands of Britons tried to donate their own ration coupons to the Princess; she thanked them all, but did not accept them.”