- Sustainable fashion brand Reformation has launched a fully recyclable sneaker.
- An alliance of major fashion brands, H&M among them, has announced that it is pausing its use of the Higg Materials Sustainability Index (a tool to measure garments’ sustainability) after critics described it as greenwashing.
- Shopping platform Dia & Co has bought plus-size luxury retailer 11 Honoré.
- This week, the London Victoria & Albert Museum is opening its first African fashion exhibition featuring designs, photographs and films from 25 African countries.
- Revlon has filed for bankruptcy after the cosmetics firm buckled under debts it built up in efforts to compete with online-focused upstarts.
- Amazon’s Luxury Stores, first introduced in the US in September 2020, is now also available in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
Funny Fashion Quote
Jamia Wilson’s resourcefulness as a teenager made me laugh out loud:
“I went to an all girls boarding school and was always trying to find ways to sneak in personality without breaking the dress-code rules. You had to wear tights and I’d be like, ‘Well, they didn’t specifically say red fishnets aren’t allowed.’ I remember the headmaster joking, ‘Even when you’re in full uniform, I know there’s something not quite right.'”