- This month a new Canadian e-com platform launched with the goal of spotlighting homegrown fashion talent.
- Online retailer Asos “will target net zero carbon emissions by 2030, and will aim to match the general population in gender and ethnic diversity among its leaders as the fast fashion company responds to shoppers’ rising demand for ethical brands.”
- After over two decades at Vogue Paris, editor of the magazine, Emmanuelle Alt, is leaving the company.
- Huffpost reports that dark academia — an education-focussed fashion aesthetic all about tweed jackets, plaid skirts etc. — is the new trend for Fall 2021.
- Here’s every look from Target’s much anticipated Fall designer collaboration.
- The Fashion Spot was happy to see that New York Fashion Week Spring 2022 brought greater diversity when it came to race, size, age and gender.
- Crocs are radically changing the clogs’ ingredients and will be entirely bio-based by 2022.
- Famous London department store Selfridges is now hosting micro-weddings of up to 20 guests.
- Shopbop has launched Shopbop Men, featuring a curated edit from over 100 brands.
Fun Fashion Quote
This was such a great reminder of how our perceived ‘imperfections’ are often what other people love about us, and how to go more easy on ourselves:
“I have a snaggle tooth. My tongue pokes out when I grin widely, so I always smile with my mouth closed. But the first thing my husband Simon noticed when our photographer sent our wedding album was how happy I was and how my snaggle tooth was fully on show. We were so excited that we couldn’t hold it in! The love in my husband’s voice as he noticed that was touching. It’s a reminder to love the version of me that others love.”