- Phoebe Philo, former creative director of Céline and Chloé, is returning to fashion with an independent, namesake house.
- Nordstrom will start selling the Topshop clothing brand on its website and in its brick-and-mortar stores. It will also allow shoppers to collect and send back Asos products at its stores from this Autumn.
- One of the world’s most famous department stores, Harrods, is launching its first fashion rental service.
- SPANX’s more affordable shapewear line, ASSETS by SPANX, is available at Target stores.
- This month Target is also opening Ulta Beauty shop-in-shops in 100 locations, with plans to roll out to 800 Target stores over the next few years.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Oprah Winfrey have announced a docuseries that “will feature ‘intimate and authentic’ personal stories around black hair.”
- London’s Victoria and Albert Museum is planning an exhibition about African fashion, featuring “250 objects telling the story of the continent through the work of its most prominent and influential designers.”
- This October, JCPenney is opening an in-store beauty salon featuring Black-owned brands.
Fun Fashion Quote
“I watch my 13-month-old daughter and there’s no question of beautiful or not beautiful. She just IS. She is always in her body, in the moment, confident, strong. She is absolutely natural, and hasn’t had all the conditionings put upon her yet. Beauty is getting back to that natural state, becoming aware of your thoughts and realizing you are more than your body.”