- Tiffany Haddish is producing and starring in a biopic about Olympic champion Florence Griffith Joyner, who shot to fame in the 1980s and blurred lines between sportswear and the catwalk.
- Etsy is buying Depop, the British second-hand fashion resale app, to tap into the fast-growing trend of generation Z young people reselling clothes online.
- Slick Chicks, the brand that makes adaptive underwear and bras for all people, no matter their circumstances or abilities, is now available at Target.
- Everlane has launched a new clean denim line, made from a combination of organic GOTS cotton fabric and Roica® V550 yarn, the first stretch-yarn that isn’t made with harmful chemicals.
- Canada Goose has announced they plan to stop using real fur in their products: They will stop purchasing fur by the end of this year, and cease manufacturing products with it no later than the end of 2022.
- Gap is closing all of its 81 stores in the UK and Ireland.
- The Huffpost reports that ‘Dior’ is one of the fastest-rising baby names in the US for both boys and girls.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that one of the biggest trends this Summer “is a clean bill of health posted on social media. There’s even a word for it: ‘vaxinista‘ — a combination of ‘fashionista’ and ‘vaccine’ — referring to someone who has not only had both Covid-19 jabs, but wants to broadcast it via vaccine selfies, cards and even merchandise.