- A new fashion documentary traces the life and design of Pierre Cardin.
- Now that temperatures are dropping in the northern hemisphere, leather face masks are on the rise.
- After 60 years, discount department store Century 21 is closing its doors.
- Nordstrom has announced it will stop selling products made of real fur and exotic animal skins by the end of 2021.
- Former J.Crew creative director Jenna Lyons is getting into the beauty business.
- Meanwhile, J.Crew is closing all six of its stores in the UK.
- Press-on nails are currently very popular as many people are postponing a visit to the nail salon.
- Canadian brand Mackage is branching out into footwear.
- The North Face is teaming up with Gucci for a clothing collaboration that celebrates the great outdoors.
- California is the first US state that will ban 24 toxic ingredients in cosmetics.
- Nordstrom is partnering with TerraCycle to create BeautyCycle, an in-store depository that will ensure your empty beauty packaging actually gets recycled.
Fun Fashion Trick
Did you know that you can avoid static cling with a safety pin? If you place it on the inner hem of your garment, it will dispel the charge, and leave you cling-free.