- Adidas and Allbirds are teaming up to design a sneaker with the “lowest ever carbon footprint.”
- Research shows that consumers are following Generation Z’s — young people aged 18 to 24 — lead in a move towards sustainable fashion.
- Gucci has announced it will be going from 5 to 2 fashion shows each year.
- Nordstrom is permanently closing its Jeffrey stores after 30 years in business.
- Both Neiman Marcus and J.Crew have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
- 85-year-old actress Judi Dench is gracing the June 2020 cover of Vogue UK, making her the oldest cover star in the glossy magazine’s history.
- Jewellery brands are noticing an uptick in the sales of fine jewellery during the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic.
- COS has launched its first-ever line of activewear.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that textile designer Althea McNish, who passed away in April at age 95, was responsible for some of the 20th century’s most memorable printed fabrics including ones created for department store Liberty. She counted Cardin, Dior, Schiaparelli, Givenchy and Lanvin among her clients, and was named in Architectural Digest as one of “Five Female Designers Who Changed History.”