- After make-up artist Terri Bryant was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, she decided to create Guide Beauty — a make-up line developed with the help of ergonomic experts for the easiest application possible.
- Nordstrom has launched a new resale store called See You Tomorrow which offers used designer clothing at discounted prices.
- Have a look at the Kate Spade for Keds Spring 2020 collection.
- Only 4 of the top 12 models of New York Fashion Week Fall 2020 were women of colour.
- A new documentary, “The Times of Bill Cunningham“, reveals the more emotional side of the iconic street style photographer.
- Macy’s has announced plans to close 125 department stores over the next three years, and cut 10% of corporate and support staff.
- Designer Raf Simons is joining Prada as co-creative director.
- The New York City Met Museum is marking its 150th birthday with a time-themed exhibition: “About Time: Fashion and Duration.”
- Meanwhile, “Kimono: Kyoto to Catwalk” opens at the London V&A tomorrow.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the literal meaning of the word kimono is “thing to wear”. This simple, straight-seamed garment, wrapped and secured with an obi sash, was the principal item of dress for men and women in Japan from the mid 16th until the early 20th century.