- Stuart Weitzman is expanding its boot width sizes: Fall styles will be available in sizes 4–12 and in narrow, medium, and wide.
- H&M launched a bra collection for breast cancer survivors.
- Next year’s Costume Institue exhibition and Met Gala will be framed around Susan Sontag’s seminal 1964 essay ‘Notes on ‘Camp’.
- Walmart has announced it will be acquiring plus-size brand Eloquii.
- Everlane is eliminating virgin plastic from its business, starting with a new outerwear collection.
- Here’s Alexander Wang’s intimates collection for Uniqlo.
- Coach is phasing out fur by their fall 2019 collection.
- Former executive creative director and president of J.Crew Jenna Lyons is partnering with Turner for a weekly unscripted television series that will bring together fashion, home, and lifestyle.
- J.Crew meanwhile is running its second annual coat drive (until 25 December). The gently used coats will go to people in need across the U.S. and in seven other countries.
- Gilberto Benetton, co-founder of the eponymous clothing brand, has died at the age of 77.
- The London Victoria & Albert Museum will be staging the UK’s largest ever Christian Dior exhibition.
About the Author
Jenna Lyons’ new venture, the theme for next year’s Met Gala, an H&M bra collection for breast cancer survivors, and other style news that made headlines in October.