- Asos has pledged to ban silk, mohair, cashmere and feathers from its website from January 2019.
- Lingerie brand ThirdLove just added 24 more bra sizes to their collection, this latest size expansion encompasses bands up to a size 48 and cups from AA to H.
- Designer Kate Spade has died at the age of 55.
- “The Kimono Refashioned: 1870s – Now!”, a new exhibition at the Newark Museum will explore the impact of Japanese aesthetics on global fashion.
- Nordstrom is partnering with the Whitney Museum of Art to support the museum’s commitment to emerging and contemporary artists.
- A documentary about French fashion designer Pierre Cardin, known for his space-age designs, is in the works.
- Activewear brand Outdoor Voices is branching out into swimwear.
Fun Fashion Quote
“You know how people say that kids always remember the times they threw up? I remember every outfit in my life that drove me nuts. Like my blue Mary Janes I had in fourth grade that pinched my heels unless I walked on my toes, or the cargo pants with five rogue zippers. Or the homecoming dress I had to casually hold up the entire night with one hand. What was I thinking? The clothes that let you do you are where it’s at. Now I know.”