- With Prime Wardrobe, Amazon is launching a try-before-you-buy clothing service.
- Mickey Drexler is stepping down as CEO of J.Crew after 14 years.
- Banana Republic has teamed up with Piece & Co — a company that creates socially and environmentally-sustainable fabrics — for a limited-edition Summer capsule collection.
- Anita Pallenberg, style icon and rock ‘n’ roll muse, has passed away at age 73.
- Less than a year after Condé Nast relaunched Style.com as a fashion e-commerce site, the company is closing the business and forging a new strategic partnership with Farfetch.
- Online resale site Thredup is planning to open five brick-and-mortar stores by the end of the year.
- According to digital marketing firm SEMRush, ASOS is the world’s most popular e-commerce fashion site.
- The Yoox Net-a-Porter Group has announced it’s adopting a fur-free policy.
- At the 2017 CFDA Awards, Raf Simons won both Menswear and Womenswear Designer of the Year. He’s the first designer to receive both honours in one night since Calvin Klein took home the titles in 1993.
About the Author
A sustainable clothing capsule collection from Banana Republic, Thredup ventures out into the brick-and-mortar world, Mickey Drexler is leaving J.Crew, and other news from the June style trenches.