- Olivia Palermo becomes Banana Republic’s first women’s global style ambassador.
- Here’s a peek at Zara’s first official “Join Life” sustainable collection.
- Nike’s self-lacing sneaker will be available at select Nike store locations on November 28.
- The Cambridge Satchel Company has launched a vegan-friendly, recyclable version of its signature crossbody bag.
- In a new book Grace Coddington looks back at her Vogue years.
- Milan-based company Bonaveri has created the world’s first ‘eco-mannequins’, made from natural and biodegradable materials.
- New fashion movie The Ripper will take a closer look at the relationship between designer Alexander McQueen and Isabella Blow.
- Mosevic Eyewear is making sunglasses out of reclaimed denim fabric.
- Mario Testino is launching ‘Mira Mira’, a new platform for unpublished photographs, travel diaries and podcast interviews.
- London’s Fashion and Textile Museum is showcasing a Twenties-themed Jazz Age exhibition.
Fun Fashion Fact
It is said that Eddie Bauer invented the first puffer jacket, encasing down feathers within quilted fabric, in 1936 after developing hypothermia on a Winter fishing trip in Washington. In 1940, he “patented the first quilted goose down-insulated jacket in the United States, and introduced it in his store as ‘The Skyliner’.”