- As was widely anticipated, Raf Simons has been named Chief Creative Officer of Calvin Klein.
- Iconic French fashion designer Sonia Rykiel has passed away at the age of 86.
- Have a look at Christophe Lemaire’s first collection as Uniqlo’s Artistic Director.
- The new documentary Weaving Shibusa tells the story of Japanese craftmanship and dedication through their love and fascination of denim.
- Stuart Weitzman is stepping down as Creative Director of his eponymous label.
- French Vogue is launching a two-day Vogue Paris Fashion Festival which will target both industry and consumer audiences.
- The top-pinned lipstick of all time is M.A.C’s cult favourite Ruby Woo.
- J.Crew plans to start selling an assortment of women’s clothes at Nordstrom stores.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art will be staging a solo exhibition about Rei Kawakubo next Spring.
Sonia Rykiel, often dubbed the Queen of Knitwear, not only invented the “poor boy” sweater — a ribbed pullover with high cut arm holes and a shrunken fit — but also was one of the first designers to feature words and motifs on sweaters, inspiring generations of women to make a statement.