Last week was denim week over at StyleCaster, and they had several good articles on all things denim:
- If you love vintage jeans and prefer to buy online then these tips for shopping vintage denim from around the world will come in handy.
- You might want to look at this roundup of the 5 best vintage denim shops on Etsy.
- If you’re looking for a flattering pair of high-waisted skinny jeans, then browse these 15 suggestions.
- One StyleCaster contributor explains why she refuses to wear jeans, while another discusses why she paid $250 for a pair of used jeans.
- From Baldwin to TROA, have you heard of these 9 under-the-radar denim brands?
- 50 Street Style-Approved Ways to Wear Blue Jeans provides inspiration on how to sport your jeans.
- Popsugar shares the 6 best brands for petite flare jeans.
- Nudie Jeans just opened its second Repair Shop in the US.
Fab Links from Our Members
Laura (rhubarbgirl) would like to share this short video about Zara and their just-in-time design-production-distribution business model, including the fact that new designs come to all of their stores twice a week.
Kkards directs us to an interesting article on the line between athletic wear, gear, and everyday clothing.
Sally talks about how BMI indicators are best used as guidelines and not rules. Angie likes the set of articles Sally linked to at the end of her post.
Annagybe came across this New Yorker article that explains how H&M collaborations began and changed fashion.
Vildy enjoyed this in-depth interview with Vanessa Friedman. She likes the Chief Fashion Critic at The New York Times because she is a social critic:
“For me now, fashion is simply an incredibly useful way to talk about identity and politics and pop culture, possibly the most useful way because it changes all the time and reflects changes around it. My feeling now is that if people dismiss it, they’re not getting something.”