- Next year’s exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in London will celebrate 100 years of British Vogue.
- e-Tailer Eloquii has just launched its own wide-fit footwear collection.
- Rose Quartz and Buttercup are among Pantone’s Top 10 colours for Spring 2016, which “are meant to ease the daily grind.”
- Andrew Bolton will succeed Harold Koda as Head Curator of The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute.
- For its first designer collaboration, a 38-piece collection of activewear and athleisure, Athleta has teamed up with Derek Lam.
- ShoeKicker is a search engine that sifts through over 10,000 pairs of running shoes to help you find the best deal on any specific shoe.
Fun Fashion Fact
Proposing marriage with a ring goes back centuries. But it is said that Archduke Maximilian of Austria is one of the first people on record to have proposed with a diamond ring. In fact, it wasn’t until the mid-1800s, when diamonds were discovered in British provinces in South Africa, that diamond engagement rings really gained in popularity. Until then the most popular rings featured other gemstones, often birthstones.