- Barneys and the CFDA have teamed up for a “Made in New York” capsule collection to promote the city’s manufacturing sector.
- BBC Two is making a documentary about British Vogue that will tie in with the magazine’s 100th anniversary in 2016.
- In September, H&M is coming out with 16 new denim styles made from in-store clothing donations.
- Fast Retailing, the parent company of Uniqlo and Theory, plans to try out a four-day workweek for about a fifth of its workforce.
- Both Patagonia and Stella McCartney have cut ties with an Argentinean sustainable wool supplier after a PETA exposé.
- Joe’s Jeans has released a denim collection that allows you to charge your phone by way of a secret compartment that fits a battery.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the Cabat bag helped save the Italian luxury goods house Bottega Veneta from banktruptcy in 2001. This woven leather tote was the first bag Tomas Maier designed for the company when he took over as creative director. It is woven by hand from strips of double-faced leather, and takes two artisans two days to complete.