- Donna Karan is stepping down as chief designer of Donna Karan International to focus on her Urban Zen product line.
- A new documentary, Straight/Curve, will go behind the scenes of the plus-size modelling world.
- Grace Coddington has two books coming out: a reprint of her 2002 monograph, and a new one covering all of her later work that will be released in the Fall of 2016.
- Warby Parker continues to expand, and plans to open seven new brick-and-mortar stores this year.
- “The Rise of Sneaker Culture” exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum examines the role the shoe has played in our society.
- Uniqlo has teamed up with UK fashion designer Hana Tajima for a “modest wear” collection that includes a range of hijabs.
- In collaboration with Parley for the Oceans, Adidas has created the world’s first sneakers made from ocean debris.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the classic round brilliant is the most popular diamond cut for engagement rings, and that vivid pink — coloured diamonds are extremely rare — is the most sought after colour, according to Tiffany & Co’s chief gemologist Melvyn Kirtly.