- J.Crew just opened its first womenswear store in Paris. A separate men’s boutique is also in the works.
- According to a recent study menswear is the fastest growing category of online sales.
- Starting April 29, Women’s Wear Daily will appear weekly instead of daily. The publication is also shifting its focus to the web.
- Dior and I, the documentary about Raf Simons’ first months as Creative Director at Christian Dior, is coming to US theatres on 10 April.
- Seven7, Melissa McCarthy’s women’s collection, will hit stores this August, and will also be sold online.
- Target is launching Target Collective, a curated men’s line of clothes, accessories and stationery all made in the United States.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that French fashion designer Jeanne Lanvin was one of the first designers in the world to make four collections a year, with each collection consisting of more than 200 looks.