- Caroline Issa has signed on to design four collections per year for Nordstrom. The first will launch on 9 February.
- Here’s an interesting project: Selfridges celebrates the “retirement renaissance” with their “Bright Old Things” campaign.
- 80-year-old writer Joan Didion is the face of Céline’s newest ad campaign.
- It has also just been announced that Joni Mitchell (71) will be the next star of Saint Laurent’s Music Project.
- Next Target collaboration: a 250-piece lifestyle line from Lilly Pulitzer. Here’s a first sneak peek.
- Stella McCartney and Adidas are bringing out a more affordable sportswear line for girls aged 15 to 19: Stella Sport.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the word parka means ‘animal skin’, and is derived from the Nenets language — a language spoken by an indigenous people in northern arctic Russia. The first parkas were actually invented by Caribou Inuits, and they were made of skins or furs. “The hides gathered in Summer would provide heavier, warmer coats, while Spring skins created a sleeker, thinner coat often worn in layers.”