- eBay has unveiled its most shopped for items in 2014: With over 1 million sold pairs, sneakers saw a 12 percent increase from 2013.
- Meanwhile, Bethany Mota topped the list of most googled fashion designers in 2014, coming in first before big names like Kate Spade and Oscar de la Renta.
- Fashion designer and mod style icon Mary Quant was made a Dame in Queen Elizabeth II’s New Year’s Honours list.
- “What Is Luxury?“, a new exhibition to be staged at London’s V&A Museum this Spring, “will challenge common interpretations of luxury, invite close examination of luxury production and extend ideas of what luxury can be.”
- Lela Rose has designed a capsule collection for Lane Bryant that will be availabe in stores this Summer.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the Dick Avery character in Funny Face, a role played by Fred Astaire, was loosely based on the early career of iconic fashion and portrait photographer Richard Avedon, who also consulted on the film.