- Jean Paul Gaultier will show his very last ready-to-wear collection this month. Afterwards the French fashion house will be focussing entirely on haute couture and fragrances.
- Vera Bradley is branching out into leather bags with a new nine-piece collection for Fall.
- As an extension of its annual conscious collection, H&M is bringing out a new Conscious Denim line in October.
- Neiman Marcus Group has bought luxury shopping site Mytheresa.com.
- H&M’s higher-priced sister Brand & Other Stories is coming to the United States.
- Club Monaco just launched an accessories line called “The Pieces”, that brings together bags and jewellery from independent designers from around the globe.
Fun Fashion Quote
A fashion quote instead of a fashion fact this week, with Emma Thompson’s take on aging:
It’s a different patch of life, your 50s… If you look after yourself and you’re healthy, then you’ll have the energy to do things. But not to recognise getting older for what it is? I do think the infantilisation of our generation is one of the huge issues of our time. People wanting to be 35 when they’re 50 makes me think: why? Why don’t you be 50 and be good at that? And also embody the kinds of choices that are sustainable at that age… I see people starting life over and over again. And you want to say: just go deeper into the one you’ve got. Because you can skim very easily. It’s set up for that because we’re such a disposable society. And I think that relationships are regarded as more disposable than they were, and that’s short-sighted of us.”