Panama hats, floppy hats, baseball caps, bucket hats or fedoras. A Summer hat is a nifty way to make a style statement and provide extra sun protection while out and about:
- Style.com has a roundup of the best straw hat looks of the Summer.
- If you’re in the market for one yourself, The Guardian suggests you check out these 10 straw hat options.
- Fashionising brings us 11 of the coolest boho wide-brimmed hats for Summer.
- Refinery29 thinks bucket hats are the next Birkenstock. While The Guardian asks: “Bucket hats: what’s the appeal?“
- The Telegraph’s Kate Finnigan just had to have a panama hat to board the Eurostar to Paris in style.
Fab Links from Our Members
Une Femme d’un certain âge addresses inconsistent sizing. Joy reports that Une Femme seems to agree with Angie that it can be a good thing. It’s not the size, it’s the fit.
Vanessa Friedman of The New York Times was recently in Israel to see a show of new designers. Shevia found her take on the situation there very interesting.
Angie lets us know that Sally has great suggestions for tailored button-down shirts for ample bustlines.
Refinery29 has info on the denim collections available at Madewell this Fall. Ironkurtin comments that they seem to be betting on skinnies for the next season.
Laurinda says that this response to Banana Republic’s Startup Guy clothing line (at the moment not featured on their website) provides a fun snapshot of what men are currently wearing on the job.
Gradfashionista found these three Guardian articles on sunbathing topless an interesting read: The real reason French women have stopped sunbathing topless, Going topless on the beach was never really about women’s liberation, and ‘A bikini body’? My advice is don’t bother. After reading them, Gradfashionista asks: “Has social media affected how you dress, and what you choose to reveal or conceal?”