All of a sudden my feed reader and email inbox are filled with articles and tips about lipstick, so I thought I’d share the most interesting ones with you today:
- Refinery29’s Amber Katz shares her experiences with getting a permanent lip tint.
- J.Crew is teaming up with Bite Beauty for a trio of matte lip colours.
- Popsugar rounds up 10 matte lip glosses with great staying power.
- Here’s a how-to video on how to create your own custom lip colour.
- Feel like matching your lipstick to your sunnies? Here are some fun examples.
- Fashionista picked their 10 best lip products of the Summer.
- Trying Michelle Phan’s ombré lip tutorial.
- Happy, and some unusual, Summer colours with Nyx Cosmetics Macaron lippies.
Fab Links from Our Members
Ummlila loved this interview with Kim France, founding editor of Lucky magazine, in which she discusses her ongoing interest in fashion for women in their forties and what it takes to succeed in the industry.
MsMary recommends this profile of Nina McLemore — the most powerful designer you’ve never heard of: she dresses Hillary Clinton and other leaders. MsMary thinks the clothes are a little grandmotherly, but found the article fascinating.
Laurinda applauds Free The Girls, a non-profit initiative that helps women rescued from sex trafficking to earn income from selling donated bras.
“With a rucksack you’ve never arrived, and at any moment might decide to leave.” Vildy tremendously enjoyed this Guardian article about the reinvention of the backpack.
Angie also directs us to Sally’s post on closet organization for a large and varied wardrobe, which is helpful and spot on.
Geargirl found this video about how to use Google Image Search to match unmatchable clothing very helpful.
Neel thought that “10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying Something Expensive” might come in handy for the many forum members trying to minimize their purchases to keep their wardrobes from overflowing.
In light of recent forum discussions about wardrobe building and investment pieces, Joy thought Une femme d’un certain âge’s post about Mastering the Basics might be interesting.
Annagybe had fun reading this analysis of couture shoes, and thinks Angie and many others will love the pointy toe white go-go boots.