- On June 12, H&M launched its first Canadian Home Collection in-store boutique at the West Edmonton Mall.
- Olivier Theyskens is parting ways with Theory to “pursue other design projects”.
- If you’re interested in the history of Rudeboy culture, then the “Return of the Rudeboy” exhibition at Somerset House in London may be just the thing for you. You can check out more pics of the beautifully curated collection and fab sartorial swagger over at That’s Not My Age.
- Kate Spade has launched “on purpose”, a for-profit initiative that benefits local artisans in Rwanda.
- For the astrology and manga fans: Kenzo just launched Kenzodiac, a standalone website that will deliver horoscopes all Summer long.
- This Autumn, H&M will launch “an extended and improved shoe range for women, men, teenagers and children”.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the false sleeves worn with women’s clothing in the 18th and 19th century are called engageantes? These were usually ruffles or flounces that were tacked to the then fashionable elbow-length sleeves so they could be removed for cleaning.