- For the minimalists among us: British designer Margaret Howell teams up again with Converse for these leather high-tops that are available in dark navy and white.
- Have a look at this special sale at Decades this week: 150 gowns worn by Anjelica Huston on the red carpet.
- Vogue published a Special Met Gala 2014 edition that is available on newsstands now.
- British department store Whistles is entering the US market with a shop-in-shop store in New York City’s Bloomingdale’s.
- The CFDA adds a new category to its awards ceremony: “Fashion Instagrammer of the Year“.
- For its first-ever foray into stationery, J.Crew teams up with Paperless Post for a collection of cards and invitations.
- Burberry is moving into skincare, “hopes to become one of the top 10 players in the luxury skincare field”.
- After recent capsule collections by Peter Pilotto, Phillip Lim and Jason Wu, Target has announced that the next partnership will be with Altuzarra.
- Bespoke sneakers, anyone? Adidas has developed an app that lets you print your photos straight onto their ZX Flux trainers.
Fun Fashion Fact
Fob pockets — to store a small watch — were often sewn onto women’s bodices from the 1830s onwards. But it wasn’t until the 1920s that “real” pockets became a mainstream, practical element of women’s clothing, after women’s lives had drastically changed by the First World War and included more activities than ever before. (Source: The Gentlewoman, issue n° 9, S/S 2014)