- The Row is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in Los Angeles. The flagship store will house the full collection, plus all upcoming capsule collections.
- Luxury outerwear brand Mackage has plans to open free-standing stores in a number of Canadian cities. Up until now the brand only had a shop in New York City’s Soho district.
- On Tuesday, COS, H&M’s sister label, launched its long-awaited US e-commerce website.
- For the third time British department store Selfridges has been elected best department store in the world.
- Good news for bargain hunters who like to get their shopping fix online: Nordstrom Rack has launched its own e-commerce site.
Fun Fashion Fact
It is said that the red star on the Macy’s logo was inspired by a tattoo that Rowland Hussey Macy, the founder of the department store, got as a teenager while working on a Nantucket whaling ship, the Emily Morgan. The story goes that he was once lost at sea, but found a star to guide him to shore. The tattoo was a tribute to that day.