- With a new CEO at the helm, Lela Rose is reportedly branching out into jewellery, shoes and handbags.
- On Monday morning First Lady Michelle Obama cut the ribbon for the opening of The Met’s Anna Wintour Costume Center.
- What do you think of this peek inside this year’s Met Ball, filmed by designer Cynthia Rowley with a hidden camera?
- Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein confirms the relaunch of the Charles James label. His wife Georgina Chapman, designer and co-founder of Marchesa, has been appointed as creative consultant.
- Kinfolk Magazine is branching out into fashion with Ouur, a clothing and homewares collection made from textiles such as linen, cotton and wool.
- Stacy London becomes the face of beauty solution company Hollywood Fashion Secrets, where she’ll share tips and tricks “to help solve pesky styling challenges”.
- Over the next year Uniqlo plans to open six stores in Boston and three in Philadelphia.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that French designer Pierre Cardin owns the famous Maxim’s chain of restaurants? He bought the Paris restaurant in 1981, and soon after opened branches in New York (closed in 2000), London and Beijing. Three floors of the Paris building are now occupied by an art nouveau museum with more than 550 pieces from all over the world.