- Suzy Menkes, who was Style Editor of The International New York Times for 25 years, has been named International Vogue Editor at Condé Nast International.
- If you’re in Paris this month, then pop by the “Coming Into Fashion, a Century of Photography at Condé Nast” exhibition.
- May will be Prada month at Harrods, with an exhibition and a capsule collection created especially for the iconic British department store.
- As we mentioned in yesterday’s Link Love, our vote for the most creative fashion show goes to Chanel with Mr. Lagerfeld’s supermarket concept.
- This one’s for the fans of simple graphic tees: Pharrell Williams is launching a limited edition collection with Uniqlo.
- Brooklyn is launching its own Fashion Week. The first edition kicks off on March, 13th with eco-friendly collections.
- If you loved the Orla Kiely for Clarks Summer 2014 collection, then you’re in for a treat again come Fall.
- A Goldman Sachs report predicts that “high-rise pants are emerging as the apparel product of the decade“.
- H&M is catering to the brides-to-be on a budget with a Grecian-style wedding gown that retails for £59.99 (about $100).
- Here’s a fun sneak peek of Amy Poehler starring in a series of upcoming Old Navy commercials.
Fun Fashion Fact
Nowadays fashion plates are collectibles, but from the late 1700s to about 200 years later these illustrations were distributed via women’s periodicals to illustrate the popular styles, fabrics and embellishments of the time.