Despite swearing up and down I'd never wear a maxi, fearing it would overwhelm my 5'0 frame, I fell in love with two from Ann Taylor recently. I wore one of them yesterday and here it is, styled with:
- Statement necklace, also by AT
- my favorite bag, optic white, for spring/summer
- metallic wedges (an Angie recommendation from a few years ago, still going strong)
- green pashmina that I brought along to keep my shoulders warm in the movie theater
- Link to item on AT site: http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/p.....Color=6600
- zombie eyes (one of these days we'll figure out how to take pics without white eyes)
Two views -- regulation model pose with hand on hip, and a side view especially for Shabby (I was trying to channel my inner Mariska for you so you could see my busty/IT/strong shoulder line).
My day involved working from home, running errands around town (in and out of AC), dinner out with friends, and a movie (more AC). This maxi is so comfy and easy to wear for that sort of day. What I love about it is the knit is a substantial weight so drapes beautifully; the straps aren't skimpy and enable it to be worn with a bra; the ruching is strategically placed so I needn't worry about my belly; and the cascade is a fun touch.
The most surprising revelation is that, instead of feeling overwhelmed in a maxi, I feel TALL. There is just something about this dress that makes me walk tall and straight.
I have also styled this with strappy snakeskin heels. It is not too long to wear with flats, but I'm just paranoid about my lack of height that I do prefer it with a few extra inches of heel.
I bought the statement necklace at the same time. It's difficult for petite me to find statement items that are BIG but don't overwhelm. This one I felt was perfectly to scale for me. Green is also my signature color. I have worn this necklace numerous times now -- it plays well with many of my dresses.