I was thinking about what I bought last year that I really wore and enjoyed and came up with these Wardrobe Wins:
1. My most important piece of jewelry besides my wedding ring -- my Finley Fitbit bracelet. I ordered it from Amazon for $20 because I hated the ugly plastic band that came with the tracker. Now I get my 10K steps almost every day along with lots of compliments on the "bracelet."
2. J. Crew linen 3/4 sleeve boatneck top. I have this in 3 colors, and wore them at least once a week all through the hot Georgia summer.
3. Dr. Scholl's Saraleah booties. Mod and fun, and I don't rush to take them off the minute I got home. These were an Angie pick and they're a fussy-foot win for sure.
4. Another Angie pick -- a Halogen jacquard sweatshirt that is dressy enough for work or even a Christmas party but feels like, well, a sweatshirt.
5. The Athleta Aspire ankle pants I wore for hours on end at my son's baseball tournaments this summer and fall. Cool and indestructible and so much more presentable than shorts (at least on me).
6. I wear this Uniqlo fluffy fleece coat more than any other piece of outerwear I own, for walking the dogs in the morning and for shivering on the bleachers during the middle school baseball season (it starts in February).

As for the Fails, I have purged them already so no pictures. But they include:
1. A dropped-shoulder, loose-fitting wool sweater from Madewell that was a lot cuter on the rack than it was on me. The bronze color was lovely, but made me look ill. And dropped shoulders are not the best idea if you have swimmer's shoulders and wear a 34D bra.
2. A knit navy blazer from Lily Pulitzer. I thought the knit fabric would make it work for me, but I'm just not a navy blazer person.
3. A long-sleeve, wrap-style navy jumpsuit. It was thrifted, but still -- what was I thinking? I wear a 10P in tops and a 4 in pants so it didn't really fit anywhere.
4. Tunic-length knit tops from Anthropologie and J. Jill. I realized that any top longer than hip-length just isn't flattering on me.

Anyone else want to share their wins/fails from 2016?

This post has 6 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.