Dear YLF,

Here are my Top 15 this year! Instead of the BEST 15 looks, I thought I'd pick fifteen looks I'd learn something from so I can improve on it for this year! It was painful to look through some of these, but it's all for the sake of learning, right?

1 to 5 - Things I love! Not all of them are recent, and not all of them are dresses! The common trend here though, are all of these pieces are things I wear a lot of - the stripey top in #1 I've worn a ton of times, and mixes well with all sorts of things! Also; the top in #5 as well, I can mix with basically anything. The other common thread is that almost all of these pieces are rather expensive - the cheapest piece is probably the dress in #2 from Forever 21 (I had to put it on hold because it was the last one left); and there are lots of interesting textural elements to each of them, whether it is pleats or layers in #1 and #2. And they're all belted!

6 to 10 - Really old outfits from the beginning of the year... An idea of where I came from and where I'm going to go. #9 and #10 are at the later part of the summer, but the other three are from awhile ago. I think I was totally in love with the topper in 7, 8, 9 and 10; but now I have more toppers to balance things out! I still have that one - it's kinda old now, but I can't find a replacement!

11 to 15 - UGH. Things I hate. I don't know why I ever wore these things; I guess they spoke to me at one point in time. #11 just looks washed out and no-good; that dress is long-gone. #12 pieces are long-gone as well; that dress is simply way too short for me, and I don't like that cardigan one bit. #13 is one that was more recent, but I don't really feel it with the bright bag. I will work on that more. #14 pattern mixing was one that REALLY I thought was cool at the time, but now I'm not a fan of it in the pictures. #15 I think is okay, but really doesn't have the texture or forethought I normally put into my outfits.

Any thoughts/revelations to share with me?

This post has 15 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.