I've recently mentioned in one of my posts how I had stumbled across this fab website and community after googling for some style related advice. At first, I wasn't even aware there was forum in addition to the blog, so discovering it was like finding the hidden treasure all over again.

Like very little of the vast internet content, this one got me hooked in almost from the word 'go' and is at the moment one of just a few websites I visit daily and although I have only known about it less than a year, I feel like if fills a big gap for me. Below are the highlights of my 2010 in the YLF community.

Advice and confidence
YLF did what no fashion magazine managed, it convinced me that I can (at last learn to) be stylish. I also taught me that style has less to do with fashion than I ever dared to believe and so much more with the person and personality.

It showed me that the women outside the fashion magazines are the ones wearing and truly making the outfits, and that the versatility of body shapes, sizes and ages, together with the creativity and some knowledge of the wearers bring the outfits alive.
It also proved to me that flashy labels, although guarantees of quality in most cases, do not guarantee the style by default.

Last but not least, it added the element on fun in my daily clothes picking routine, something I am embracing for the first time in my life.

Site content
* Favorite blog post since discovering YLF:
Accessories as the foundation for two wedding outfits

* Favorite fashion related forum topic:
How would you describe your style?

* Favorite non-fashion related forum topic:
Partly OT - At what age did YOU become a Woman.

* Favorite fashion advice: pearls double knotting.

I've deliberately chosen not to single out my favorite member outfit, as it would be like choosing prom queen on the night when every girl looks special. Besides, I believe it would go against everything this forum is about - celebrating everyone's individuality and style.

Want to join me in this game?