No, they don’t. While I can’t argue that white or cream pants are practical (one wear and in the wash they go), they’re stylish regardless of your size. The important factors are the fit and the ensemble. Here are guidelines for choosing a perfect pair of white or cream pants:
- Choose a shaped waistband that’s lower in front than at the back. A wider waistband (about one and half inches) gives our bodies that extra bit of structure around the tummy area.
- Keep the front plain (no pleats) and the pockets off. Side entry pockets or any type of patch pocket tends to show through the front of light pants. Flatter fronts keep your fit smooth and streamlined underneath your tops.
- Make sure that white pants made of softer fabrications like viscose, silk, rayon and linen-blends are lined.
- Consider denim and thick cotton twills in white/cream. These fabrics don’t need to be lined and the classic “5-pocket styling” works well.
- Stick to boot cut leg openings as the most versatile and flattering option.
Striking contrast is key to creating a stylish ensemble with white pants. Match them up with a dark top and shoes and your look will pop.
All women can look incredible in the right pair of white pants. Get your head around the fact that white is a modern update on black, and that it doesn’t make you look fat.